In case you hadn’t noticed already, we endorse Bill Ritter for Governor. There’s many reasons why, including the fact that we really love his ‘Colorado Opportunity Pledge’:
- Taking Colorado from the bottom 10 states in terms of child immunizations to the top 10 within two years.
- Working toward health-care coverage for all by introducing a legislative reform package within a year of taking office.
- Establishing a more efficient state budgeting process and more effective management system that has saved 2% to 6% of general-fund spending in other states.
- Revamping Colorados transportation system and examining the transportation-funding structure so that we can solve the states biggest transportation-related needs, including the I-70 mountain corridor.
- Getting more children into early childhood education, injecting renewed rigor and relevance into our K-12 system, and keeping college affordable all designed to provide Colorado companies with the best-educated workforce in the nation.
- Establishing Colorado as a national renewable-energy leader by maximizing our sustainable resources, such as sun, wind, and agricultural crops.
Ritter is a very level-headed, intelligent, articulate, personable candidate, and I think he would make a very good governor. He will undo some of the crap that Bill Owens has put the state through, while instituting new, needed policies (especially his renewable-energy plank).