There’s a bunch of stories that I’d like to write about, but I don’t have the energy this morning. So instead I’ll cheat and put up a few newsbites:
- Blair knew that Bush was going to order an invasion of Iraq in March 2002, long before the case to invade Iraq had been presented to the UN and American citizens. (via Majikthise)
- The Food and Drug Administration bans gays from donating sperm. WTF? The FDA argues that gay men are at an increased risk of being HIV-positive. The rest of the world says, “You mean anonymous sperm donations are not screened for HIV?”
- Dick Cheney to help Marilyn Musgrave raise money with a fundraiser at the Oxford Hotel. How Cheney could stand to be around homophobic Musgrave baffles me. I’m sure Cheney’s daughter is not okay with this move. (via ColoradoPoliticalNews)
- George W. Bush hates forests!
- The Christian Science Monitor presents a fairly-balanced story about civil unions and marriage equality. The bad news: marriage will probably not be equal for some time to come. The good news: more people are warming to the idea of civil unions. “While it’s mainly Democrats lining up behind the measure, some Republicans back it as well. ‘I’m not supporting this legislation to give special rights to gays and lesbians,’ says Oregon Sen. Ben Westlund (R). “‘I’m supporting it because gays and lesbians are human beings.'”
- The CIA is relocating their Domestic Division to Denver. Great, yet another reason why Denver will be one of the first cities to be nuked by a foreign country. Maybe I should rethink my plan to live in Colorado for the rest of my life…
- Baptist church kicks Democratic parishoners out. Because apparently George W. is more important than Jesus Christ.